JOIIN OUR TEAM
Miss Kasumi is a gorgeous Japanese restaurant in Kew. Our team is like one big family, and we hope this comes across in the fun and friendly environment we have created.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated industry professional to join our dynamic team.
Great incentives for the right candidate.
Please be sure to include a covering letter addressing the key criteria set out in the job details shown here as the first page of your CV/resume.
Chef / Cook
Some of the main responsibilities of the position are:
• Read, understand and follow all main traditional Japanese recipes
• Practice Japanese cooking techniques with demonstrated skill
• Be part of a production line and commit to prepare the allocated menu components with due care, hygiene and professionalism
• Operate industrial kitchen equipment with proficiency
The successful candidates possess the following attributes:
• Relevant qualifications in commercial cookery
• Formal courses in Japanese cuisine will be highly regarded
• Experience in an authentically Japanese restaurant
• Comfortable in a bulk preparation workplace
• Ability to work in a shift-based rotation, including weekends, afterhours and public holidays
We are looking for team player who is hard working and dedicated to providing exceptional customer service. You will need to be well presented and well spoken. Your personal presentation and hygiene will be paramount.
• Punctual, Flexible and Reliable
• Well-presented and excellent hygiene practices
• Friendly & professional
Experience & Skills:
• Food & Beverage knowledge
• Bar Experience favorable
• Proven experience and knowledge of restaurant service
• Excellent communication and service skills
• Knowledge of Japanese food, wine and culture favorable